Sunday, July 15, 2012

I'm back ... let's try this again!

Well, it's been almost two years since I tried to do this blogging thing. It's not that I forgot about it, well ok, just a little. Actually a lot. I didn't even remember what the old page looked like, or the title. Life just got a bit crazy. Since that posting in September of 2010, my oldest son is now 2 and a half, and I have another little baby boy, now 9 months old. Oh, and we moved. Between those three things, and just life in general, I rarely get to spend time in front of the computer.  I have decided to try and get back to writing, and posting photos for friends, family and clientele to see.

In case you are new to the blog, I am a decorative artist.  I have my own business, Bella Terra Designs, Inc., and I love my job.  I meet new people all the time, and I am invited into their homes to help transform them into something beautiful, inspiring, welcoming, and inviting.  I really believe that I am truly blessed that I get to do something that I love.  It has its ups and downs, the economy, always making sure there is work, and just trying to stay ahead of the trends.  It's something that I can't turn off when I get home. I usually have to make samples and prepare estimates after the boys go to bed. Weekends are busy as well. I'm usually trying to catch up on what I didn't finish, pack up and put away paint and equipment, write, etc during the week.  But seeing how happy my client's are and my flexible schedule (sometimes) makes it all well worth it.

One of the first things my client's ask is how beautiful my house is...well...hmmm, you know the saying "the plumber's leaky faucet," try "the painter's unpainted house."  We bought a little 1928 Dutch Colonial a year ago, and I have one room painted. And it was just completed a month ago. The day we signed the contract and got the keys, my husband and his friend decided to rip out the drop ceiling in the dining room. Long story short, the plaster ceiling was in need of repair.  It's now the prettiest room in the house.  Did I mention I was 6 months pregnant when we bought the house?  I was able to paint the living room a regular paint job, but that was it.  Once the baby came, all work ceased.

I guess my goal about the new blog, is to share the projects at work, as well as my little house's transformation.  I love projects, and I need to be more disciplined in actually completing them.  My kitchen has 4 colors painted on the wall. Need to pick one. My office drop ceiling also needs a gut, paneling removed, and oh I have high hopes for that room. Sigh.  Time and money. That's all I need!

3 comments:

  1. Looking forward to seeing how your home in Bellemore gets transformed just like you did from a daughter and sister into a beautiful wife and mother. It takes time....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your first house became a showpiece after months and months of hard work. This house will be equally gorgeous one day, too. At this time enjoy your beautiful little boys as they quickly grow up and worry about the aesthetics of your house later.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, I will take the advice and will try to be patient!! :)

    ReplyDelete